Thursday, October 1, 2009

Everything I Hope to Be...


Out of all the blessings in my life…you are one of the greatest. Although another year has passed, and we are both getting older, I will always be that sleepy little girl asking for just one more story, and you will be that very tired daddy mustering out a few more tales before both of our eyes close.

The best parts of my life involve you, and you always make your way into my favorite memories….from the teddy bear picnic to “bumble bees flying in the trees,” and from tea parties to birthday parties…even to proms. Although, out of all these memories, my favorite times spent with you were the days you drove me to school. Every second of those car rides were spent talking, laughing, crying, or learning….For me, mostly learning. I owe all that I have become to you because it is you, daddy, that laid the foundation for me to chase my dreams, to have a humble heart, to love myself and others, and to trust God with all that is in me…It is you who held my hand when I got scared, but let me walk on my own when I had to…It is you who dried up my tears and stitched my heart back together when it was broken, but rejoiced with me through every achievement.

I am so proud of you for all that you do, and for the amazing example you set for our family and our community. Everyone who knows you would say that you have been a blessing to them in some way, from the people you help with your job to the kids you coach during your free time. You work so hard for others without wanting praise or recognition, but every time you do something and think it goes unnoticed just know that you are wrong…because I notice. I am so very proud to be your daughter, my loving and humble father.

Today, on your birthday, I want you to pat yourself on the back for once, and know that who you are is everything I hope to be. I love you soo much!

Happy Birthday Dad,

Xoxo

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am telling a story...my story. This is a concrete space for me to share my writing, my photography, my thoughts, my dreams, and my heart. Be still and listen with me.